Multiple new cases of the Novel Coronavirus have been diagnosed in succession in Fukui Prefecture.
To prevent further spread, we are asking for Fukui residents to comply with the following requests.
- Do not go outside if you have a fever or cold-like symptoms.
- Wash your hands regularly and practice cough etiquette.
- When you go outside avoid situations with the following 3 factors
1. Closed spaces with poor ventilation 2. Many people crowded together
3. Talking close together
There is plenty of food available at supermarkets. Do not buy more than what you need.
- With the start of the new fiscal year, more people will be moving around. Check your health condition daily and do not go outside if you have a fever or other symptoms.
- We ask for companies and employers to have a flexible work environment and take precautions for their employees’ health.
We understand some of these requests may be a temporary inconvenience, but we ask for your understanding and cooperation to help prevent further spread in Fukui.
Tatsuji Sugimoto, Governor of Fukui
■Fukui Novel Coronavirus Consultation desk
Fukui-city Health Center （Fukui-city）
Fukui Health and Welfare Center（Eiheiji-cho）
Sakai Health and Welfare Center（Sakai-city/Awara-city）
Okuetsu Health and Welfare Center（Ono-city/Katsuyama-city）
Tanan Health and Welfare Center（Echizen-city/Sabae-city/Echizen-cho/Minamiechizen-cho/Ikeda-cho）
Nishu Health and Welfare Center （Tsuruga-city/Mihama-cho/Wakasa-cho(Mikata)）
Wakasa Health and Welfare Center （Obama-city/Oi-cho/Takahama-cho/Wakasa-cho(Kaminaka)）
■A request to Fukui Residents regarding the Novel Coronavirus
We ask for your cooperation to take everyday precautions to prevent an outbreak or spread in Fukui.
Wash your hands regularly, practice cough etiquette, and wear a mask when going outside.
If you have fever and cold symptoms, take off from work or school.
If you have cold symptoms or feel feverish, record your temperature every day.
If you are worried you may be infected, please take the following symptoms as a reference as symptoms that indicate the possibility of Coronavirus infection:
Those with cold symptoms or a fever 37.5°C or higher that lasts for 4 days or more
Those feeling strong symptoms of sluggishness (fatigue) or difficulty (labored) breathing
The elderly, those with an existing health condition such as diabetes, or pregnant women with fever symptoms that last 2 days or more
Those that meet the above conditions should first call their nearest prefectural medical consultation center. If you are instructed to go to a medical institution, wear a mask when going hospital.